Monday, November 17, 2008

Moving in a Positive Direction

President-Elect Obama is moving the right direction. One prime example of this is seen in his willingness to meet with recent competitors from both sides of the aisle.

I am very pleased that Obama extended and invitation to Sen. McCain and also pleased that McCain accepted. "Advisers to both men have said that they did not expect Mr. McCain to be offered a job in the new administration," according to a New York Times Report. And I too don't see that happening. However, I cannot deny that I would be pleased to see more teamwork between Republicans and Democrats.
And the burying of the hatchet didn't start there...Obama has also met with former opponents, Sen. Clinton and Gov. Richardson of New Mexico (if you're like me, you may have forgotten about him). Although, such meetings are not out of the ordinary, I do not recall such meetings taking place 8 years ago. Therefore, to me this screams that we are moving in the right direction.

No comments: